The Yarra Valley is one of Australian’s leading wine regions conveniently located an hours drive from Melbourne.
Where to Stay in the Yarra Valley?
There are several towns to choose from: Healesville, Yarra Glen and Yarra Junction are just a few of the options. However, the big question is: when you’re planning your next trip, should you stay at a hotel or a holiday rental?
Yarra Valley Hotels
A hotel is an excellent choice for business travellers and here’s why:
- Short stay: typically business trips are short – overnight or a couple of days. A hotel is the best option as you won’t have time to set up a holiday home.
- Housekeeping: at a hotel you’ll have a team of efficient housekeepers to clean and tidy so you can focus on your work
- Concierge: will have a wealth of local knowledge to answer your questions and give you great advice on where to go and what to see.
- Room Service: if you’re too exhausted after a day full of meetings order room service or dine at the hotel restaurant.
Yarra Valley Holiday Rentals
A family holiday house or a Healesville holiday rental in the Yarra Valley is more suited to the leisure traveller visiting for a few days or a week. Here’s why:
- Privacy: provides a private location for friends and family to relax and enjoy each others’ company. Ideal for family reunions; brides preparing for their wedding day, a get-together for old friends or a base for wine lovers to explore the best of the Yarra Valley wineries.
- Self-contained: dining out for every meal can become tedious, especially if you love to cook. A holiday home allows you to create your best Master Chef meal and share the culinary delights with friends and family. You’ll also have access to tasty local produce to add a special something to your recipes.
- Space: self-contained accommodation wins hands down if you’re travelling with a small group of friends or family.
- Gardens: an appealing aspect for city dwellers looking to connect with nature. Many local holiday rentals have gardens.
- Coffee: the joy of making your coffee first thing in the morning using your favourite brew cannot be underestimated! Coffee lovers will understand this.
- Authenticity: chain hotels give you a consistent, cookie-cutter experience, whereas a holiday rental gives you a feel for the region. You’ll have a greater appreciation of the local architecture, flora and fauna.